Musical Poker

Welcome to the Basement!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Blogging about Bloggers Blogging about Blogs

Well arent we self important. That is my reaction to all the blog postings recently about blogs. There have been out cries about content, money generation, reading worthiness, hits. Who fricken cares? Now you may say, "Vegaas of course YOU dont care, you are not an A lister". First of all, that is Mr. Vegaas to you. Secondly, you are right, I am not an A, B, C or even D lister. Welcome to the basement! Thats right, I am coining the term Basement Lister. Dont even think about stealing it.

I dont care if anyone reads this or not. I have no compulsion to view my hits. This is just a way for me vent and talk my way through strategies sometimes. I started this here blog to help my poker game. I continue it because it feels good to vent sometimes, and it can be fun.

So I am going to end this short post the way it started, and this is going to whoever happened to mention in one of their posts that C listers should be happy because they dont have the pressures that an A lister does. Ok, get the fuck over yourself. "A list" poker bloggers are still just poker bloggers. Remember that. I love reading Iggy, Pauly and the like, but, THEY ARE STILL JUST POKER BLOGGERS. Please understand what I mean by this. Their work is great, but it is not ever to be mainstream. Dr. Pauly may get famous for his books, screenplays and the like. But for his poker blog? No way.

So lets stop the stroke fest and get back to what really matters. Like debates about who would you rather see tied to a chair, drowned in honey, and then have one million fire ants released onto them, Phil Helmuth, Sean Sheikan or Mike Matusow?

By the way, I quit smoking on Monday, so that may explain the tone of this post.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home