Musical Poker

Welcome to the Basement!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A conundrum

Ok, I really want to play in the WPBT Summer tourney in Vegas. Unfortunately, I forgot the date and agreed to play show on July 8th here in Milwaukee. I finally realized this a couple of days ago and have been trying to get the show rescheduled. No such luck. Apparently this place is hard to get into, our guitarist signed the contract with the agent who then signed the contract with the club. Some conversations have taken place, but it comes down to the fact that we can not reschedule the show. Damn!

My options now are to:

A) Forget about the Summer Classic and play the show here in Milwaukee. (Sounds resonable, but; I have planned to go to Vegas in July anyhow, and I think it would be a lot more fun with a bunch of bloggers around)

B) Tell the band that I cant make the show, and hope they can find a replacement for me for that day. (I think this might piss them off just slightly, but, we are pretty tight, so I think they wont have a huge problem with it)

C) Screw it all and just sleep through that day, because no matter what I choose, I will be thinking about the other on that day.

If anyone knows any bass players in Milwaukee that might be able to fill in for me on July 8th, let me know.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger StB said…

    I don't believe a date has been finalized for the SC. Details are still be worked out to arrange it during the WSOP

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger vegaas said…

    Really? I swore it was on the 8th. Well, that is good news, fingers crossed.
    Now hopefully Biggestron decides to keep the POY events on Sunday nights. He is thinking of changing to Saturdays nights. That would suck because I have gigs on Saturday nights. Someone even suggested weeknights. That would be a disaster for me, second shift sucks!
    Second shift sucks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home