Musical Poker

Welcome to the Basement!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Favre on Tilt!

After watching last nights game I realized Favre would be a horrible poker player. They say that he is such a competitor that he tries to make things happen and forces the ball in when things arent there. Well, as poker players we can relate to that. We get a bad beat, go on tilt and keep jamming the pot. Thats Favre. He cant except not just losing in a game, but losing a play. I can relate to that. Every hand I lose bothers me. I at times lose track of the big picture. I understand that its not about one hand, its about the entire session or tournament. Easy concept to say, but in the heat of battle not as easy to remember. That brings me back to Favre, he has never got this concept down. The only time he was close was when Holmgren was the coach, he was the only one who could reel Favre in.
We can all learn a few lessons from Favre, being an intense competitor that loves the game is one of them. These are great qualities, just avoid the down side of Favre, you dont have to win every hand. You will get a bad beat now and then, its just part of the game, Favre would never get this concept. So remember, when you are about to go tilt, think of Favre. You will thank me for this.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger StB said…

    If Favre played poker, he would be Phil Hellmuth. And he would bluff a lot, just like sailing those passes down the field 10 yards beyond his receiver.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger vegaas said…

    Yeah, he would bluff a lot, but I dont think he would be the whiner that Hellmuth is. Maybe Phil Laack? Always looks confused, makes dumb plays, but they usually work out for him. Watcha think?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home