Musical Poker

Welcome to the Basement!

Friday, September 30, 2005

A Test In Your Poker Faith

This is a quote from a post at made at http://flopturnriver.com. I was on a major downswing and needed something to break out of it. This turned out to be very theraputic for me. I am sure some of you can relate:

My confidence is shot. It is a terrible feeling to sit down and just feel
like you have no chance at winning. Its not that I feel like my opponents are
better than me, I dont think that at all. Its just that I know they will make
some stupid ass play that will pan out for them. I feel like its nine
dumbasses and me at the table and no matter what hand I am in, one of the
dumbasses will get lucky. Not sure if I am describing this right. Those of
you who have been in this situation probably know what I am talking about.To end
this absurdly long post, I thought about giving up poker last night and this
morning. I used to argue with people who said poker was 90% luck, I would tell
them they didnt know what they were talking about and would love to have them at
my poker table. Now I am not so sure. There is no worse feeling as a poker
player than to sit down at a table and feel like you have no chance what so ever
of winning. I hope that feeling goes away soon.


Now my question is this, how do you keep the faith?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home